Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Montauk Century Ride



Tackled my second century ride 2 weeks ago, the Montauk Century. 

Rode out from Babylon to Montauk, along beaches, through amazing suburbs in the Hamptons and not many hills :) a respite after the New York Gran Fondo. 

Stayed out of bunches and rode a solo ride the whole way to get practice for the ironman ride. Averaged 18.5 mph which was ok but I was hoping for a slightly faster time considering the lack of hills. 

The rides rest stops we great, including one serving the best pie on Long Island. I had been convincing myself I would not have any pie there until I got to the rest stop and saw them all. Couldn't resist and tucked into a slice of raspberry peach pie. Yummy. But it repeated on me for the next 30 miles...

Did a short run at the finish to get the feel for how my legs were doing after 112 miles. Was painful and not inspiring! But I know it takes around 3 miles to get them moving well and I only ran 2.5 miles, so not a true test...

First long ride with my new carbon wheels, they did great!


The famous pie rest stop:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ironman Finish Line - Go to clock time 13:16:19 to see me finish