Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Long overdue training update

Oops, I havent posted any training updates in a while. So here is a snapshot of the last 2.5 weeks. Week of 4th of Feb was over 100 miles, and just short on the following week.

My swimming form is really improving at the moment thanks to the PowerTri team at the YMCA. I can feel my endurance and speed improving with each session. Best swim ever on Feb 15th covering just over 2,000 yards in 40 mins. That would put me at 1:20 for the Ironman swim which would be fantastic.

Havent been doing much running, a  lot of focus on the bike recently, which I probably need as i dont have much of a base there.

This week is turning out great, I am keeping up with the daily program and will have 2 brick sessions which I really enjoy.




Last Sunday I took the Cervelo down to the Y for a 2 hour indoor ride. 12 of us packed into a yoga studio and rode our hearts out. Was great to be doing it on my bike instead of a spin bike and working out in a group environment like that got the heart rate up a lot better than when I am slogging it out in the basement. Here we all are setting up to start the ride:



2 new races added to the schedule for this year. Looks like I will be able to pace Clauds at the Queens half marathon on March 23rd (one week after running the NYC half). This will be Clauds' first half marathon in over 10 years so I am really excited we can run it together.

The Montauk ride opened today, will take place on June 1st, a day I can make :) so will go for the 108 mile ride - Babylon to Montauk.

May and June will be pretty packed now with a half ironman and 2 century rides. But I figure that'll be good mileage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ironman Finish Line - Go to clock time 13:16:19 to see me finish